Monday, June 29, 2015

Me On A Monday – June 29th




First a wave to Sian, our lovely hostess, found at this link:   http://fromhighinthesky.blogspot.ca/ and a wave to all the other charming ladies.

It was a weekend of very heavy rains.  We had to bail out the pond and run the sump pump several times.  Most happy that the rain held off until 11:30am on Saturday, long enough for us to enjoy the Boat/House Tour of Puslinch Lake (another item on the Summer of Doing Manifesto).  My teeth are still feeling sensitive to last Thursday dentist cleaning, continue to use that special toothpaste for a few more days.    Bought a used Pentax DSLR camera body so that I don’t have to keep switching lenses, scored on this one.  Locating all my Canada Day decorations and wearables.  Baking white cupcakes with red icing to take to the clinic.  Meal planning. Checking off items on Rinda’s SPSH.  Folding and putting away laundry.  Balancing the accounts to be sure there is not more month than money.  Taking time to read – currently:  Jeffrey Archer’s Time Will Tell.   

Monday you are fast becoming my favourite day of the week.


8 comments:

  1. Now THAT is an ominous sky! Was there thunder? Lightning?!
    Happy new camera. I keep thinking I should get a DSLR but then I think of all the time I will spend fiddling with it, and how much I already don't get done! Look forward to seeing the results of your trips and snapping.
    Mondays - someone has to like'em! (Why, I ask myself...)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No thunder, no lightening thankfully, but damaging winds, lots of twigs, leaves and for some branches/trees down. This photo was taken while we were out on the lake in the boat - two weather fronts rolling into each other. I am still trying to figure/master all the little features and functions on my camera(s), thankfully the new body is the same model as my other camera. I use to dislike Tuesdays because of double periods of maths :(

      Delete
  2. i wish i could share your enthusiasm for a Monday :) it sounds like you've had terrible weather - hope it improves for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Louise, the weather was lovely on Monday, but rain has returned today :( and the weekend forecast is all rain again. If I see the animals hanging out in twos, I will worry.

      Delete
  3. stunning stormy photo - have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your stormy picture (though I'm sympathising with you over all that rain: it's not just here, then!) Have a great week enjoying that new camera

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sian, more rain forecaste, I have just about had enough of the dreariness of the rain.

      Delete