Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Pairs - Closed & Open

Linking in with Helena at : http://helenascreativemaven.blogspot.ca/

My Pairs today reminds me of the quote "I open at the close"  (Prof Dumbledore 's message to Harry on the Snitch in The Deathly Hallows).

It is the close of our growing season and I am getting a last flush of roses. With these flowers I feel that summer is resurrected just for a moment.   Today's Pairs are from my Graham Thomas, a David Austin rose. First the Closed Bud, then the Open Full Flower.  A gift.

Graham Thomas Closed Bud

Graham Thomas Open Flower

9 comments:

  1. a beautiful rose and I agree, late flowers do feel like an extra gift from the garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh such a pretty flower - it is always nice to see the flowers at the end of the season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, and an especially fine gift at the end of the season. Everything here is fading fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Solovely. We've been given the gift of some extra sunshine here over the last couple of days. We are enjoying an Indian summer

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do love yellow roses, and these are particularly pretty ones. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks like the yellow relation of my pink rose - which is also still going strong! Do you know, I think I like rose buds even better than the open flower!
    We've had a week of perfect weather here - deep blue skies, a breeze and hot sun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful. It is lovely to see the late flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  8. There is a flush of roses here too - always enjoy them. I do like David Austin roses.

    ReplyDelete