Monday, December 28, 2015

Currently Me On A Monday - December 28th

I know that Sian isn't linking us all together this Monday, but habit & routine ... SO I'll do a little something different this Monday.

CURRENTLY


Listening: Still playing Christmas CD's - I'm liking Jan Arden's first Christmas album.  Am I the only one just a little disappointed in Adele's 25?

MY Christmas Trifle


Eating: Way too many sweets & starches.  I "had" to make a Christmas triffle so I could photograph my favourite pudding for the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt & the recipe is impossible to halve.










Christmas Morning Cheers


Drinking: Not enough water but pots of tea with milk. Had some champies & orange juice at Christmas breakfast, paying for that with terrible heartburn.  Alcohol hates me & yet I speak so highly of it.











Watching: Not too much on TV to watch, lots of Boxing Day binge marathons but none interest me. Gearing up for Downton Abbey to start on the 3rd.  I do watch my cats play, they make me so happy & they are still in the kitten play mode, so always busy.


Reading:  If it doesn't rain it pours, most of December, I had nothing on my night table, now I have 2 on the go, one in waiting. When I am stuck for something to read, I just wander the aisles of the library asking to be guided to a book I need to read.  This time I found: The Christmas Angel by Marcia Willett. The 2nd one, the lady who I am cat sitting for left me this one to read, so I read it while I sit with the cats at the morning feed, Circling The Sun by Paula McLain; and I have one recommended by Sian, Bird By Bird Some Instruction on Writing & Life by Anne Lamott, sitting waiting for me at the library to pick up Monday.

 
Wouldn't This Be Lovely To Have In Your House?

 
Wearing: As I write this (Sunday night) I'm in my red snowmen Christmas pajamas. So very comfortable but I need to get some socks on, my feet are cold.  This week it's mostly jeans & a t-shirt when I go to feed my cat charge, although on a visit with friends I did dress up in one of my gifts from Mr Man - emerald green jacket with green/grey/black top & a pair of black slacks already hanging in my closet.


Weather: Chilly, dull & rain today with a forecast for a large storm Monday afternoon/evening,  moving in from Texas bringing with it freezing rain & possibly some snow.


Feeling: Worried about Mr Man's left eye woes, still not better.  I feel quite chubby. Tired, I'm not sleeping well. Although I am getting my 10,000 steps a day in (most days). I think the dreary weather IS wearing me down a tad.


Enjoying: Lots of open time, Mr Man & I are both off work this week, so no schedules, other than to go feed my friend's cats, there will be no shoulding this week.  We are both doing lots of reading, I alternate between reading & scrapping.





 
Needing: To make plans to restart my Weight Watchers Food Plan & toss out any left over sweets & treats.  I would take to work but I have been forbidden to bring any more goodies in.  Last year I didn't do any baking because I had just started with WW, I felt deprived so this year I tossed all my good intentions aside & baked & baked & baked - I'm paying for it now, I cannot resist my own baking.


Wanting: A Word for 2016 to settle upon me.  I won't be participating in Ali Edwards Online One Little Word workshop but I still would like to have a word for 2016 to go along with my birthday question. I'm not doing resolutions but plans for all good things.


Thinking: That Mr Man & I had a wonderful Christmas & that we are truly blessed in spite of not having family to celebrate Christmas with, we certainly make our own family joys & our own Christmas traditions.  I am looking forward to 2016.








10 comments:

  1. If I'd known you were making trifle I would have popped round! Looks great - is this the one you sent a recipe for some months ago? (On that subject, I made artichoke bites for Boxing day nibbles - went down well. Eileen: if you are reading this, as promised I put a few in the freezer, unwrapped in a Tupperware tub. Took out three days later, thawed naturally and heated in microwave for 6 seconds. All fine and no loss of quality.)
    As to weather, it seems to be mad globally at the moment and not fun. However my thoughts are with those who have had to endure floods, tornados and other natural disasters. I hope your Texan weather brings nothing worse than the usual.
    Oh jimjams, I noticed the other day that two of my winter pairs are looking very threadbare. Both bought in post-Xmas sales about 5 years ago so hardly surprising. I must go on the hunt and treat myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes this is the trifle recipe I sent to you. Come on over, fresh pot of tea & lots of trifle left. Good to know that the artichoke bites did well in freezing & reheating. I got a new pair of pj's, blue with pink rosebuds, from Santa - I'll start the new year with new pajamas (jimjams).

      Delete
  2. Lovely to read about what you are doing today! Glad you had a good Christmas, and Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda, I hope that your Christmas was everything you had planned for. Happy New Year to you. How's puppy training coming along?

      Delete
  3. I like your format. Sounds like you have had a great time and I am sure like all of us some quiet time will replenish you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maggie, I thought a different type of Monday wave needed a different format. Yes to lots of quiet time for the rest of the holidays - hopes yours is as you need.

      Delete
  4. Yes please to some trifle. I really love your 'should' motto, I can spoil holidays for myself feeling like I should be doing this or that, rather than relaxing and enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah yes Louise those shoulds particularly around holidays. I hope you get to have some, do nothing hours or at the very least momentsa, we all deserve those. There is still some trifle left, tea pot is just ready, come on over.

      Delete
  5. A belated but very heartfelt Merry Christmas to the two of you! I'm glad it was a good one. We've had a quiet one here MORE antibiotics stopped my Christmas champagne consumption, but getting ready to get back into the swing of things soon. I hope you enjoy the Bird by Bird book

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no illness, but thank goodness for antibiotics! yeah for science. I have read about 50 pages so far of Bird by Bird - she has a way that is quite amusing. I have NO desire to being published.

      Delete