Friday, December 18, 2015

Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt - First Entries

You can link in with Eileen at http://in-my-playroom.blogspot.co.uk/ for viewing & participating in the Winter Photo Scavenger Hunt, hence known as WPSH.  


In no particular order, least of all numeric order.

This is personally my favourite so far.  These gates are to a farm just opposite the farm I ride at.  The owners change up the gate's bling seasonally.  The drive is so long & with a bit of a curve in it so you cannot see the house from the road.  Even if we ride in the field next door, we cannot see the house because of the trees - I can only imagine based on these gates & seasonal bling what a house it must be.
 
#8 A Wreath
Closer Look At The Wreath






































I may follow this tree next year, taking a photo on the same date each month for a year.  The trunk & bark intrigue me.  It has an almost twin just a few feet away.


 
 
#9 A Tree That Has Lost All Its Leaves

This rather large puddle vexes me to no end.  It is right outside the main door to the physio clinic I work at.  The owner of the building has promised for 3 years to level out the parking so drainage isn't a problem.  As the weather turns colder this puddle will freeze & be no end of problems & troubles for those of us walking from our cars to the offices in the building.  There are also rental apartments above the offices so I cannot image that the tenants are happy about The Puddle.


#6 A Puddle

 This is tinsel I bought for use at the clinic.  We don't use tinsel on the tree at home, the cats chew & eat & it is not good for their digestive tract, although if eaten,  it does make for some colourful offerings in the litter box!!!


#2 Tinsel









So these are my enteries so far into another wonderfully organized photo scavenger hunt.






























8 comments:

  1. a good start - that is an impressive wreath and yes that puddle would be very annoying - I hate wet feet and ice

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is some wreath on the gates. Please do follow that tree, I would love to read the stories it inspires.
    I would find that puddle with my feet far too often - the more I try to avoid them the wetter I usually end up.
    Fab photos, well done Mary-Lou

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great wreaths. There is a set of gates near me, have different wreaths on each year. This year I noticed... none, but a couple of matching fir trees either side instead - lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great finds! And that is a gorgeous wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if that is really a farm now or been bought by someone with plenty of spare cash!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! I don't think we'll see too many wreaths as magnificent as those ones

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a gorgeous wreath, and I like the fact that there is a story to your puddle (though I don't like the story itself).

    ReplyDelete