Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Dear Me ...

I follow a particular blog of a Canadian woman, who writes with the most amazing talent, passion & ideas. I saw this posted on her blog today.   I cannot wait to see her daily posts in this theme.

I am very tempted, although I do not think I would do as a daily blog posting but rather a daily journal writing exercise.  Several topics I think would be quite revealing to one's self; Day 11; Day 15; Day 22 & Day 27.    Which days do you think would challenge you the most?

More can be found here: April Love Letters



 

Have you ever written yourself a letter?  

There is a website set up for writing your future self a letter.  The framework can be found here: Dear Future Me

I have a few days left to ponder this idea before I have to decide. I have a couple of pretty journals that I could use for this specific exercise...





13 comments:

  1. Thanks for flagging this up. It's really interesting and I must remember to follow along with what she writes. There are some where I know immediately what I would say, and others just bring up question marks.
    I did once send myself a letter - from the set of a soap opera as a souvenir! (I was young...!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I will be a follower online rather than a participant. From the set of a soap opera? Which one?

      Delete
    2. You had to ask, didn't you? Neighbours. If you don't know what that is, good! Anyway, it was a half-baked idea because the postmark has no bearing on the fictional place, but it kept me happy at the time.

      Delete
    3. This is one I do not know about. Happy is good & it does give some good memories :)

      Delete
  2. I'm the same as Ella - I know immediately what I'd write for some of them, but others I'd have to really think. I wouldn't want to post them online though - some of the thoughts that came to mind are too personal for publishing online.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, some of my immediate thoughts were oh no I could not put that public.

      Delete
  3. I'm too self-conscious to write myself a letter, although I find the list fascinating. I'm quite sure that if I did it, I wouldn't want to post them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my birthday letters I write, it is usually a list that starts a specific situation, where I am at & where I would like to be in a year's time, then I just add Dear at the start & call it a letter (lol).

      Delete
  4. It's a fascinating list. I've never written a letter to myself: somehow I've always thought it felt a bit self absorbed, which is a daft thought given I write a blog! But I'm always sorry that I didn't write a time capsule letter when I was little and hide it in my mum's wardrobe to find when I was a grown up. That was my plan and if I'd done it, I could be looking for that letter right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The lady, Susannah who owns the idea has quite a following - I most interested in one person's work on this project. Oh a letter in your Mum's wardrobe would be like a Narnia visit ... a time capsule letter, ummm I like that idea as a scrappage.

      Delete
  5. I wrote a letter to my younger self for a layout once. This is a great list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I wish I'd seen this earlier, I love it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interesting idea! I think today's would be easy for me - Dear Canada. Think I'll go check out Susannah's website. How did you do this month?

    ReplyDelete