Monday, March 06, 2017

Memo, Mail & Me: It's Monday March 6th

Giving a Monday wave to all & linking in with our hostess Sian at:   From High In The Sky

Sign At LCBO Store
Monday here we are again - another startling quick week. There was lots of glorious sunshine over the weekend.  Too cold to be outside (-15 (c))  but being inside with such sunshine was lovely. 

March in this area came in like a roaring lion.  We had about 3 types of weather March 1st; wind with rain, sleet, snow!   The promise is March will leave like a lamb & I am holding Mother Nature to that promise!

Source:

 My mail was pretty dull until Friday (we don't get weekend delivery), when we got this very large postcard advertising a local landscapers work.  I am keeping this one & right now it is displayed on the refrigerator so we can wishfully look at it.  I really like the natural steps & slab patio.  I know the design example is for a back garden, but I feel this would be perfect for the front garden of our home.  I think this would create such a welcoming stage. A dream to the start of making plans & getting quotes!

Front of Advertiser Postcard

Back of Advertiser Postcard

 New from the library pick up was this magazine, Creative Scrapbooker,  along with the book "My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologies", which is the same book as "My Grandmother Asked Me to Tell You She's Sorry".  No idea why there are two different titles for the same book.  "My Grandmother" book was written by Fredrik Backman, who also wrote "A Man Called Ove".  

ideas, inspiration abound
On the memo front, I found this recipe in a magazine at the dentist's office.  I must admit it took me a second read through to realize what is wrong with this recipe.
The recipe is Chicken Crescent Wreath, but the instructions say to whisk milk & pudding & arrange banana slices over the tart shell.  Talk about a typo error!

New from the shopping cart was a dishwasher cleaner.  I had not heard of this until I was reading the community F/B page & someone mentioned that their dishes were spotty & not as clean as they should be.  Finish Dishwasher Cleaner was the most recommended product because it has dual action; a limescaler (we have hard water) & grease fighting.  It was rather expensive, $6.49 CND (+taxes) (4.85 USD) (3.95 GBP).  I ran it through the dishwasher Sunday morning.  Anyone else ever use this or similar product?   I was told vinegar is not good for the modern day plastic tubing.  Later this week I should know if the product worked. 


 "if spring time is the land awakening, then the March winds are the morning yawn

16 comments:

  1. the backyard provides a lovely inspiration to start planning. I do use a dishwasher cleaner - but not as regularly as I probably should - and it does make a difference in my machine. have a great week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know that cleaning the dishwasher does make a difference. As I look out on all the brown in the yards I use my scrapbooks to visualize green & growing. :)

      Delete
  2. A piece of mail which produces a dream: that's about as good as it gets. I'm glad you got something nice this week :)

    Yes, I've tried that Finish and I think it makes a difference too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Encouraged to hear that Finish works. I have been sending more happy mail out with the idea it sparks others in my circle ... my own social science experiment.

      Delete
  3. I'm a big believer in keeping photos for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I have seen your inspiration photos Sandra & they are truly perfect examples to build the dream off of.

      Delete
  4. We started using Finish several years ago, and have been very pleased with it. It lasts a long time. That's a lovely design for a patio. I'm looking forward to spring this year to see how our new landscaping in front comes along. We have plans for the back this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember your posts about your front re-do & it shall be interesting to see the spring posts. Can't wait to see what you & your son create in the back garden.

      Delete
  5. That recipe mistake is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I am going to use the recipe as a test read on interviews for the new hires at work. Attention to detail!

      Delete
  6. Thank-you for the Finish recommendation - I'll keep my eyes open for it. That's a lovely patio, and I agree it'd make a wonderfully tranquil place to arrive. Looks fairly low maintenance too, which is always a consideration in my book :). Hoping you have happy planning and dreaming moments this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hope to report Alexa that the Finish seems to have improved the end results in my dishwasher - glasses all gleaming. In my plans, simple these days equals calming.

      Delete
  7. Always enjoy catching up with your life!
    Am I the only one who has a dishwasher but is not using it? ;-)
    I look forward to following you projects!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the idea of all of us sharing the minute details of life - it shows us that we really have more in common than not & during these crazy making political times it's important (IMO) that we share our sameness. I go through spells of hand washing but mostly the DW gets an outing at least once a week (col).

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes I use Finish dishwasher cleaner if I can inch it in between our endless dishes!

    ReplyDelete