Thursday, August 03, 2017

Take Notice Thursday: Loafing About

In an effort to notice more of the ordinary in my life, I have decided to share what I have noticed this week in Take Notice Thursday.  The idea is to take photos that are linked some how; by theme, by colour, by date, by moment,  by points of view. There is no formal link in but please feel free to join in.  What have you noticed this week?

Have a peek at what others have found this week:

Maggie at FarmersWifeDayByDay  

 Karen's Random Reflections

I've been noticing this week lots of the horse farms are repairing or replacing fences.  Horses are large beasties & they love to loaf about & lean on fences, which if the boards are not on the correct horse side of the posts, can easily & quickly pop off.  Wire fences are not good choices for horses & the latest product on the market is a rather expense white vinyl "board" fencing, but it also needs to be set on the inside. Four boards are the preferred number, but many use just 3 boards.

Because horses do this - loaf about & lean on the fence;
Retired Duffy -  3 day event horse


and if you have fences like this;
 
boards on the outside of the fence


you need to do this;
add a vertical board to the outside of the post to prevent board popping off

or set your fence boards to the horse correct side;
boards set to the inside of the fence


From the first photo: Duffy wears a fly mask to keep the annoying  horseflies off his face & ears.  The grazing muzzle is to prevent his eating grass while outside.  Too much grass makes for a chubby version of Duffy but he needs to be outside, which is good for his mind & body.


4 comments:

  1. A lot of the horses here have muzzles but some are experts at removing them . I see you have dropped the take three.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Duffy has a double strap on to help prevent removal, his paddock mate is the expert at getting it off of Duffy - it's what friends are for.(col)

      Delete
  2. I'm a bit confused. I just left a comment on a post that I no longer can find here. This seemed to be the second of the Thursday posts. Am I losing it? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Karen I am sorry you are having troubles with my blog ... I am sure you are not losing it at all. This was the only post for Thursday & I posted nothing for Friday. I've checked & I'm not missing any posts but there have been some really wicked storms rolling through the area - weather & technology!?! Do you remember what the post was?

    ReplyDelete